This is a note for myself on what had to be done to prep RDS database to connect it with Red Hat Satellite 6 installation.
Currently, Red Hat Satellite using RDS doesn’t work for 2 reasons;
* For Red Hat Satellite 6.10, Postgresql 12.1 the only version of DB supported as an external DB
While I was trying to install oldest Postgresql available was 12.5.
- Require “rh-postgresql12-postgresql-evr” pkg
Installation will fail saying ;
rh-postgresql12-postgresql-evr pkg with a matching version with the RDS, which doesn’t exist.
- Subnet group – to make sure it would have the same subnet with the Satellite “web”.
- Adding inbound address to a default Security Group
- Using “pgsql” client to create various users as it is stated in;
- Grant each users roles to “postgres” user
postgres=> GRANT foreman to postgres; GRANT ROLE postgres=> GRANT candlepin to postgres; GRANT ROLE postgres=> GRANT pulp to postgres; GRANT ROLE
- Create databases